Friday 28 May 2010

Try Outs

So I tried out a few different ideas on Maya to see what design I would use as my final choice. First of I tried out a simple sphere styled robot with two arms, similar to what we did as a practice piece earlier this week. This worked well but I felt it wasn't what I wanted as a final piece. I then tried my first idea of a spider which would come down from the top of a web and curl its legs into itself to create a perfect sphere, this design was perfect however I began to realize that the animation would be too complicated to get done in the time span and would rather have a simple design with smoother animation then the other way around. I then began a design on my final idea of a helicopter, this proved to be a successful idea and have decided to go with this as my final piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment