Wednesday 26 May 2010

Step by Step

Here is some step by step versions of my helicopter, this is just to show my progression and how well I am doing so far.

This is my first attempt at the helicopter design however I made I large mistake, I had been using nurbs instead of polygons. This would prove to make my work alot harder to do and instead of turning all the nurbs into polygons I decided to scratch that and start again.


Now that I knew what I wanted I set out the helicopter into pieces and then will simply join them together later on once I have altered them into the shapes I want.


As you can see I have joined the objects together and have altereed them into the shapes you see. I have also textured these with blinns for the time being just to get a feel as to what it could look like. I have also begun the design on the rope ladder that I wil rig and animate alongside the helicopter.


This is my first design of a rope ladder which has two set of joints. However this did not work to a good standard and was making the animation not as fuild as it could.

The new design of the rope ladder has only one set of joints, I created 2 identical cyclinders and duplicated a cube as the steps in the ladder. Then using the insert loop edge tool created edges on the cylinders. Then attatched the cubes with the merge vertex tool. Then placed a joint in the middle of the ladder using the steps as a guide line.

I added in the plane from cgsphere and used the ball as a reference, I added in lights and tetures to the scene to give the animation more effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment