Sunday 30 May 2010

Starting off

To start off I decided to come up with some quick idea's. I did this by first viewing some completed spheres on http://www.cgsphere.com to see what others had done. I edited the search to show just what others had done with the software I will be using, Autodesk Maya. This is called The Lambda by Ruski_xx and is a sphere with the design of Half Life and the main character Gordon, with the crowbar in the image as well (which is the main melee weapon in the game) to add more emphasis on the style of the sphere.


This is another piece by newmain entitled Space Chair, it is a detailed design compared to The Lambda and has more intricate pieces inside the design. However this is a bold design in that it is not a complete sphere but a sphere cut in half then texture added to it. This helps me in the sense that I know whatever I make can resemble a sphere but not be a perfect one.



No comments:

Post a Comment